STAY IN TOUCH

ABOUT US >

The Rivoli Theatre was built by Universal Studios on the Near Eastside of Indianapolis in 1927.  It was the first theatre in Indiana to show movies with sound, and held concerts with the likes of  John Mellencamp and Lynard Skynard.  Formerly owned by the Rivoli Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., early in 2018 the theatre was transferred to INSPIRE 10th Street LLC and is in the process of being restored as a community asset on the East 10th Street corridor.

CONTACT >

T: (317) 633-8210

E: Rivoli@jbncenters.org

© 2019 10th Street Arts Project.
 

Search
  • 10 East Art District

RIVOLI REUSE STUDY AND MARQUEE RESTORATION INCLUDED IN LILLY ENDOWMENT GRANT


In December 2018, John Boner Neighborhood Centers received notification that they were awarded a $4,300,000 grant from Lilly Endowment as part of its Strengthening Indianapolis Through Arts and Culture Innovation Initiative. Grant funding is intended to support efforts and arts programing in 2019, 2020 and 2021 along the east 10th Street corridor. A portion of this Lilly Endowment support is dedicated to restoring the historic Rivoli marquee and also conducting a reuse study for the Rivoli. For more information about this Lilly Endowment grant program click here.

Rivoli-Indianapolis-01.png